Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Penny Press #2 - Dallas World Aquarium

It's time to, once again, smash a penny. This one is courtesy of a trip to the Dallas World Aquarium where, instead of a standard crank, they have a "turning wheel" model:

Is it meant to somehow fit in with a nautical theme?  I can't say.  But I can say that you have to turn that wheel quite a few times to get your penny.  It's also worth mentioning that the gift shop near the penny smasher will provide you with a free shiny penny for your trouble.  I've never seen that before and I liked it!

Design options include Leafy Seadragon, Crocodile, Toucan and Octopus.  The Leafy Seadragon is the aquarium's pride and joy and it's pretty rare to see that as an option so that was my selection.  In real life it looks like this:

In squashed penny form it looks like this:

Another successful smash!  More coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment